REMINDERS NOTICE 09.05.2017
- CHAMPIONS – CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
Every year the Glendene School Board of Trustees decides on whether we will run this programme. At our last Board of Trustees meeting, it was decided we will continue to run this programme.
The programme runs on Thursdays at lunchtime for half an hour. The programme begun last week and will continue on Thursdays until 30 November. My apologies for leaving this out of our last school newsletter.
If children choose to attend Champions, they have to stay for the whole half an hour. If you do not wish your child to attend please let your child know and if necessary, your child’s teacher so they can remind them not to attend.
- WHANAU LEARNING – LITERACY WAITAKEREJust a reminder that we have our Whanau Learning – Literacy Waitakere for parents and wider community in our Heke Hub. This term Whanau Learning will be covering ESOL – English as a Second Language and also other topics that you might like to know more about. This is an excellent opportunity for you to come along and meet other parents, have a coffee and find out what Whanau Learning has to offer you and your family. Dates will follow when we confirm numbers on when Whanau Learning will start. Hope to see you all there J
- ZOO TRIP REMINDER
As part of learning about the World of Nature/The Living World, our whole school will be going to the school on22 May 2017. This is a wonderful opportunity for our children. The cost of this trip is $5.00. Children will need to be at school before 8.50am. Children also need permission slips to attend this trip. Thank you to all who have returned their permission slips to the office and by our school stream app.
Here are the instructions below on how to send your permission slip via our Glendene School App:
- Please go to your App Store or Play Store on your smart phone or android and type in School Stream and download the app to your phone.
- Make sure you agree to Push Notifications
- Once School Stream has finished installing, open the app, type Glendene School into the search then select your school.
- Once you are in the Glendene School App, click on the Events and you will see the Zoo Trip notice. Please click on Zoo Trip and scroll down to the consent form to fill and submit. I will then receive your permission form once you have submitted.
Alternatively if you do not have a smartphone or android, you can text their permission on 021 084 75283 or email it through at email@example.com with the following: I give permission for …………… in Room …. to attend the Zoo Trip on 22 May 2017. (With your name attached to it.)