I would like to share some awesome feedback with you in regards to our Glendene School, School Stream App:
“I found the app to be very useful. As a busy mother I am always forgetful in what is happening with my kids at school. With the school app, I get sent notifications and reminders about school events, consent forms and newsletters. It is also simple and easy to use. I encourage more parents to use this app if you would like to keep up to date with your child on the go.” Feedback from Salina.
“As a busy mother mum with 3 children under 6, I find this School Stream app really convenient for me. Sometimes when I have to call in for my child being ill, I usually have either a crying baby or a 2 year old throwing a tantrum and find it hard to hear anything on the phone and having this app helps as I can just type in what I need to say and get back to my kids. I also find it really handy to receive newsletters and forms via the School Stream app. I like that I can always go back to the app and re-read the newsletters because often, the newsletters given to my child from school just gets misplaced or damaged or, sorry to say this, but read and trashed. But having the app is so convenient as everything is in it and I can also fill in absentee and permission forms and send it all with a push of a button. I suggest for anyone querying about this app to just go ahead and download it. We all have smartphones and iPads/tablets/p.c’s nowadays, it makes sense to have this app. It really is a lot more convenient.” Feedback from Makereta.
To download our Glendene School app:
- Go to your Play Store or App Store
- Download “School Stream” and push notifications
- Enter Glendene School in the search bar
- You should now have our Glendene School App.
For more information on our school app, please contact the school office on (09)8388603 or text 021 084 75283.
Kind regards Cecilia Faalili School Secretary
Please fill in the survey to help give us information on how we can improve our school.
Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Cecilia – School Secretary
Hauora/Health and Wellbeing Parent Survey Results for Glendene School
(23% response 30/131 families)
Vaiaso ole gagana Samoa-Samoan Language Week O LE GAGANA E LA’EI AI LE AGANU’U Language characterises the essence of culture
Talking about learning
As part of celebrating and sharing Samoan language we are asking everyone with a connection to Samoa to answer this question that children will come home with; ‘O fea se tou nu’u i Samoa?’ (What village is your family from in Samoa?). At the end of the week we will be selling chop suey and rice.
To end our Samoan language week this week, we will have a fundraiser on Friday 02 June. Our fundraiser will be chop suey and rice $3.00 each and Juicies $1.00 each. If you would like to order your chop suey and rice, please send along your child to the school office with the correct amount before Thursday 02 June.
Chop suey and rice are pre-paid only as no sales on Friday 02 June.
REMINDERS NOTICE 09.05.2017
- CHAMPIONS – CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
Every year the Glendene School Board of Trustees decides on whether we will run this programme. At our last Board of Trustees meeting, it was decided we will continue to run this programme.
The programme runs on Thursdays at lunchtime for half an hour. The programme begun last week and will continue on Thursdays until 30 November. My apologies for leaving this out of our last school newsletter.
If children choose to attend Champions, they have to stay for the whole half an hour. If you do not wish your child to attend please let your child know and if necessary, your child’s teacher so they can remind them not to attend.
- WHANAU LEARNING – LITERACY WAITAKEREJust a reminder that we have our Whanau Learning – Literacy Waitakere for parents and wider community in our Heke Hub. This term Whanau Learning will be covering ESOL – English as a Second Language and also other topics that you might like to know more about. This is an excellent opportunity for you to come along and meet other parents, have a coffee and find out what Whanau Learning has to offer you and your family. Dates will follow when we confirm numbers on when Whanau Learning will start. Hope to see you all there J
As part of learning about the World of Nature/The Living World, our whole school will be going to the school on22 May 2017. This is a wonderful opportunity for our children. The cost of this trip is $5.00. Children will need to be at school before 8.50am. Children also need permission slips to attend this trip. Thank you to all who have returned their permission slips to the office and by our school stream app.
Here are the instructions below on how to send your permission slip via our Glendene School App:
- Please go to your App Store or Play Store on your smart phone or android and type in School Stream and download the app to your phone.
- Make sure you agree to Push Notifications
- Once School Stream has finished installing, open the app, type Glendene School into the search then select your school.
- Once you are in the Glendene School App, click on the Events and you will see the Zoo Trip notice. Please click on Zoo Trip and scroll down to the consent form to fill and submit. I will then receive your permission form once you have submitted.
Alternatively if you do not have a smartphone or android, you can text their permission on 021 084 75283 or email it through at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following: I give permission for …………… in Room …. to attend the Zoo Trip on 22 May 2017. (With your name attached to it.)
Glendene School Playgroup Coordinator –
Fixed Term Maternity leave position 12 hours per week (23/5/17 – 17/5/18)
We are looking for the right person to lead and coordinate our Glendene School Playgroup. We have a well-resourced classroom within Glendene School, and operate on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings from 9:30am – 12:30 noon.
You will be passionate about for working with and supporting young children and families, and have experience in early childhood education or community work. You will be motivated, enthusiastic and have a great sense of humour.
The playgroup has been established in partnership between the Auckland Kindergarten Association (AKA) and Glendene School. The AKA will employ the coordinator and provides ongoing support for the operations of the playgroup.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV and a cover letter to Janice.email@example.com at or post to: Auckland Kindergarten Association Playgroup, PO Box 6933, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141. For more information, phone 373 5635. Applications close on Friday 7th April 2017.
DDI 09 373 1992
Mob 027 702 2539
Dear Parents & Caregivers,
Just a reminder that we have our Individual Portraits and Sibling Photos on 30 March 2017. Please see Cecilia in the school office if your child has not yet come home with an Individual envelope. Sibling envelopes are available in the school office.
Please ensure that when you send your child to school with the envelope that you have the correct amount inside as the school office does not have any change.
Please contact Cecilia in the school office if you would like more information by text on 021 084 75283 or by phone on (09) 838 8603 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great day!!
Kind regards Cecilia Fa’alili School Secretary
BEV BIRCH SCHOOL OF DANCE
- TAP : BALLET : JAZZ for girls and boys
- Lyrical, Limbering & Contemporary classes also available
- Experience the ‘love of dance’
- Pupils prepared for exams, stage performances or just for fun
- Hall in Great North Rd, Henderson
- Personal attention by experienced qualified, registered teachers
- Your local dance studio for 50 years, up to date latest work
- phone Bev 818.5536 or Lynley 0274 605 096
- email email@example.com